I am a software engineer specializing in:
- Web application development and responsive design using PHP, Angular, and Bootstrap.
- Android application development.
- Automation of tasks using shell scripts, Python, and GruntJS.
- Data processing and presentation using relational databases and Splunk.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Android SDK
- Vim and Atom editors
- jQuery UI
- jQuery Mobile
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Ruby on Rails
- ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC)
- CSS, LESS, SCSS, Sass
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Splunk Power User 6.3
Arizona State University
Business Intelligence Management Intern, May 2016 to Present
Business Intelligence Student Worker, August 2015 to May 2016
- Designs hardware, firmware, and backend services for Internet of Things devices.
- Writes and maintains Python scripts and Splunk inputs to gather data useful to the University.
- Writes and maintains Splunk Dashboards to visualize and present important data.
- Deployed and supported a QEMU-KVM server, allowing users to run remote virtual machines for software testing.
- Helps a fellow student employee in gaining Linux and Python skills.
Mars Space Flight Facility
System Administration Student Worker
March 2013 - August 2015
- Contributed Java code to ASU's JMARS open source project, including a reorganization of all network access features.
- Built a web application to catalog and search mineral spectrographs collected by the Facility. [CoffeeScript, LESS, Twitter Bootstrap, PHP/MySQL, and GruntJS]
- Performed miscellaneous tasks to aid system administration and development teams upon request.
BluBox Custom PC
August 2014 - July 2015
- Operated a small business selling custom-built computers.
- Performed troubleshooting and hardware and software support.
- Handled all paperwork necessary for taxes and foundation of LLC.
- Created business website using NodeJS.
Open Source Contributions
- ASU JMARS
- Homebrew Cask
- Completed a Linux from Scratch installation.
- Keymaster, a Python web service and command line tool to upload SSH keys to services like Github and Bitbucket.
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science, Informatics
2012 - Present
- Anticipated graduation in December, 2017
- Courses in databases, software-as-a-service, software testing, and project management.
- Completed a team capstone project using ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft Azure.
Skyline High School
2009 - 2012
- Advanced courses in mathematics, computer science, and physics.
- Participated in the concert and marching bands.