I am a software engineer specializing in:
- Data processing and presentation using relational databases and Splunk.
- Voice User Interface (VUI) development using Amazon Alexa.
- Internet of Things hardware and firmware development using Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and derivatives.
- Automation of tasks using shell scripts, Ansible, Python, and GruntJS.
- Web application development and responsive design using Django, ReactJS, and Bootstrap.
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Redshift
- JetBrains PyCharm and DataGrip
- Vim, Atom, and Visual Studio Code editors
- flask-ask and Zappa for Alexa development
- AWS EC2, Lambda, IoT, and more
- Flask and Django
- Twitter Bootstrap
- OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google Maps API
- Google Charts API
- jQuery UI and Mobile
- Configuration of GitHub, BitBucket, and AWS CodeCommit remotes
- Continuous Integration/Delivery using Travis, BitBucket Pipelines, and AWS CodeBuild
- Splunk Certified Architect, Admin, Power User, User
- Applied Data Science with Python, University of Michigan via Coursera
Arizona State University
Business Intelligence Management Intern, May 2016 to Present
Business Intelligence Student Worker, August 2015 to May 2016
- Writes and maintains Python scripts and Splunk inputs to gather data useful to the University, some of which have been made publicly available.
- Writes and maintains Splunk Dashboards to visualize and present important data.
- Contributes to multiple Amazon Alexa skills, including the official ASU skill and a skill designed for the Echo Show.
- Designs hardware, firmware, and backend services for Internet of Things devices.
- Helps to design Ansible playbooks to launch and maintain Splunk infrastructure, including a Splunk cluster running in Amazon EC2.
- Deployed and supported a QEMU-KVM server, allowing users to run remote virtual machines for software testing.
- Helps to supervise student employees and mentor them in Splunk, Linux, and Python skills.
Mars Space Flight Facility
System Administration Student Worker
March 2013 - August 2015
- Contributed Java code to ASU's JMARS open source project, including new data layers and a refactor of all network access features.
- Built a web application to catalog and search mineral spectrographs collected by the Facility. [CoffeeScript, LESS, Twitter Bootstrap, PHP/MySQL, and GruntJS]
- Performed miscellaneous tasks to aid system administration and development teams upon request.
BluBox Custom PC
August 2014 - July 2015
- Operated a small business selling custom-built computers.
- Performed troubleshooting and hardware and software support.
- Handled all paperwork necessary for taxes and foundation of LLC.
- Created business website using NodeJS.
Open Source Contributions
- Splunk SDK for Python
- ASU JMARS
- Homebrew Cask
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Science, Geoinformatics
2012 - Present
- Anticipated graduation in May, 2018.
- Courses in databases, software-as-a-service, and software development processes.
- Currently working to complete a team project analyzing the number of classes scheduled per building on ASU's Tempe Campus.
- Completed a team capstone project using ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft Azure.
Skyline High School
2009 - 2012
- Advanced courses in mathematics, computer science, and physics.
- Participated in the concert and marching bands.